The National Health Mission (NHM) encompasses its two Sub-Missions, The National Health Mission (NHM) and The National Urban Health Mission (NUHM). The main programmatic components include Health System Strengthening, Reproductive-Maternal- Neonatal-Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A), and Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases.
The NHM envisages achievement of universal access to equitable, affordable & quality health care services that are accountable and responsive to people’s needs.
Six financing components:
(i) NRHM-RCH Flexipool,
(ii) NUHM Flexipool,
(iii) Flexible pool for Communicable disease,
(iv) Flexible pool for Non-communicable disease including Injury and Trauma,
(v) Infrastructure Maintenance and
(vi) Family Welfare Central Sector component.
Outcomes for NHM in the 12th Plan are synonymous with those of the 11th Plan and are part of the overall vision. Specific goals for the states will be based on existing levels, capacity, and context. State specific innovations would be encouraged. Process and outcome indicators will be developed to reflect equity, quality, efficiency, and responsiveness. Targets for communicable and non-communicable diseases will be set at state level based on local epidemiological patterns and taking into account the financing available for each of these conditions.
The endeavor would be to ensure the achievement of indicators in Box 1 as follows :
1. Reduce MMR to 1/1000 live births
2. Reduce IMR to 25/1000 live births
3. Reduce TFR to 2.1
4. Prevention and reduction of anaemia in women aged 15–49 years
5. Prevent and reduce mortality & morbidity from communicable, non- communicable; injuries and emerging diseases
6. Reduce household out-of-pocket expenditure on total health care expenditure
7. Reduce annual incidence and mortality from Tuberculosis by half
8. Reduce the prevalence of Leprosy to <1/10000 population and incidence to zero in all districts
9. Annual Malaria Incidence to be <1/1000
10. Less than 1 percent microfilaria prevalence in all districts
11. Kala-azar Elimination by 2015, <1 case per 10000 population in all blocks.
|For More Information on NHM||285.08 KB|