The “Assam Arogya Nidhi” is a State scheme implemented from 02-11-2012. This provides financial assistance to all Indian Citizen, families having annual income of less than Rs. 5,00000/- (Five Lakh) for treatment of any serious disease requiring surgery/implants/procedures, like Bone Marrow Transplant(BMT) or any other critical disease including serious accidents cases
Salient features of the Scheme are:
- Maximum financial assistance amount of Rs. 3.00 lakh to the beneficiaries.
- There will be no age limit for coverage under scheme.
- No Govt. employee or Govt. pensioners and their family members will be eligible under the scheme.
- All financial assistance will be admissible for treatment in all Govt. hospitals including Medical colleges/Tertiary Health care facilities; all reputed private hospitals registered under Clinical Establishment Act and empanelled hospitals of Govt. of Assam, AAA and PMJAY.
Procedure for claim /reimbursement:
- Any eligible person seeking financial assistance under AAN will submit relevant documents to NHM like Photograph of the Patient (Attested by Doctor), Income certificate by Circle Officer(Attested), Residential Certificate (Attested), Bills (Original) and Discharge Summary / Prescription (Attested).
- Person having PMJAY or AAA card will avail the cashless treatment benefit against admissible diseases under the said schemes first before making any application for consideration under AAN.
- The Chairperson of the selection committee Hon’ble Health Minister, Assam can clear grant of financial assistance under AAN.
- The guideline can be relaxed in emergency and extra ordinary situation on case to case basis with the approval of the Chairperson.
Year wise Physical Status: