About the Scheme:
The Charitable Hospitals are also instrumental in providing health care services to large number of urban poor population. NHM, Assam has signed MoU with the Private hospital/ trust hospitals for improvement of maternal and child health within in district specially in municipal wards, outreach areas and BPL families. The Charitable hospitals are responsible mainly for providing the following services as mutually agreed upon.
- The Maternal and child health services in the selected wards / slum of the respective districts.
- Vaccination of the children.
- Routine Ante-Natal care to all women.
- Basic laboratory services like Blood, Urine & Stool examination for expected mothers.
- Delivery of the pregnant mothers in the hospital for these wards at prescribed rates decided by Hospital Management authority and District Health Society.
- Family Planning services e. G. OC Pill, Condom, IUCD insertion and permanent sterilization for female and MTP services for safe abortion at the hospital premises regularly.
- OPD services.
- Creating awareness on population stabilization by using family planning methods.
List of Charitable Hospitals under PPP with NHM, Assam, 2023-24
||Name of the District
||Name of the Charitable Hospital
||Burrows Memorial Christian Hospital
||Siva Sundari Nari Sikshasram Hospital
||Borgang Catholic Hospital
||1)Redcross Hospital 2) Chatribari Christian Hospital
1)Makunda Chriastian Leprosy and General Hospital, 2) Redcross Hospital
||Catholic Hospital, Diphu
||Baptist Christian Hospital
Allotment of fund:
An amount of Rs.15.00 lakh per annum is being provided to the Hospital Management Committee for rendering the above mentioned services.
- The allotted fund will be utilised for monthly outreach/urban camps, medicines, manpower and maintenance of the hospital.
Fund is released in two instalments.
First advance is released against specific activities approved in Action Plan.
- Second and subsequent advances are released on submission of 75% UC and verification report of outstanding advances.
- Monthly reporting of services to be submitted to the Joint Director of Health Services of respective districts.
- The hospital provides documents relating to hospital records as and when required.