Delay in transportation of emergency obstetric, severely sick new born cases and also other acute emergency cases from one facility to other facility for further advance treatment referred by Medical Officer may lead to death. To reduce the delay in transportation of cases as mentioned, it was proposed to start the scheme of 102 Medical Ambulances service.
This facilitated is an integrated and comprehensive health care management in the state providing high-end ambulatory transportation for appropriate care in a hospital. To provide quality patient transport care within the shortest possible time and ensure delivery of quality patient transport care across the chain of services with a proper management system, Govt of Assam introduced “102” –National ambulances service.
- Service is available to all citizens.
- Service is available 24x7.
- Transportation is absolutely free.
- All ambulances are fitted with Basic Life Saving (BLS) devices.
- Every ambulance is having an Emergency Medical Technician for medical care.
- Patient can be carried from a lower health facility centre to a nearest higher health facility centre.
- This facility is available to pregnant lady for transporting Home to Hospital, Hospital to higher health facility & back to home after discharge.
- This facility is available to sick neonate and infants for transporting Home to Hospital, Hospital to higher health facility & back to home after discharge.
- For availing the service authorized official from the health facility has to make a call at “102” for referred cases.
- All requests should be accompanied with a referral letter from hospital.
- For availing the service all citizens has to make a call at toll free no. “102”.